Skip to main content

Letting Go

Sabi nila, the greatest act of love is letting go. Letting go of the person you love most, and let them live their best life without you. 

Edi andito tayo at one of my darkest points of life, listening to 241 by Rivermaya, tapos naalala ko si Rico Blanco at Maris Racal. Nag break sila because apparently, Rico proposed marriage to Maris, but she's not ready yet. She wants to explore and know herself more. Salute for prioritizing herself and not accepting the proposal, kasi she might just end up unhappy and disliking her husband because she sacrificed a big step in her career. Anyway, ang point ko dito was the act of letting go. Rico let her spread her wings, and watch her become the best version of herself. Finding happiness and wonders of life without him. 

Anyway, my kwento today is not super similar, but I felt it was a good story to share with you (tagal kita di nakwentuhan blog), I remembered that time in my life, when I thought I was gonna marry my first love. I was young, naive. He was my first of everything, the love of my life. He introduced me to a lot of things, about life, music, (or so I thought) but then he migrated to the US with his family, when we were around 19/20 years old. Sabi nya he can't do the long distance thing, but I was so willing to give it a shot. I sacrificed sleep, review sesh (I was studying Nursing), and a lot of going out with fam and friends, just to be at home whenever he was available for a skype call. 

Play Jetlag by Simple Plan!! You say good morning when it's midnight, Going out of my head, alone in this bed. I wake up to your sunset, and it's driving me mad, I miss you so bad...

I was there, always present. Always understanding him, his late replies, his dwindling messages, his nonchalant responses. I ignored all those just to prove that I can wait, I can endure everything in the hopes of one day, we will be together again physically. I tried many ways to make things work, but he was just not there. Although I know there wasn't a third party, he just couldn't be on the same page with me because his love language was physical touch. He broke up with me over a text message. Parang hindi pa nga masyado uso ang messenger non, nag lload pa ata ako. It was a painful summer for me. I was at a point in my Nursing degree na make or break. That was one of the loneliest days of my life. I felt that I will love no one but him. Then I met my drunkard barkada, there were just 2 things I did until I graduated. Drink and study. I focused my energy on studying and just being alone wandering Cubao. Although, I've had a few flings before I graduated, but all those are fleeting. I wasn't ready to let go. After a year, he was already seeing someone. My heart was shattered. My world just crumbled down knowing he already moved on, habang ako, I sleep have sleepless nights asking myself, was I wrong? Was I not enough for him to wait for the right time? Tapos makikita mo mas malaki yung boobs nung babae vs. ikaw na flat chested. Wala pati self-esteem naibaon ko na sa lupa. Right at that moment, I promised myself to just focus on my studies, pass the board exam and prove to him that regardless of the pain and everything I've been through, I am still worth something. After a year, I passed everything, even top some of my subjects during review days. 

The moment I passed the board exam, he was the first person that I want to share the good news with. Pero syempre hindi na pwede, he was with someone else na eh. But, I still sent him a message. It was just a brief message, "I just want to let you know, nurse na ako. Thank you for everything". I'm still grateful for everything that happened,  besides, I would have not studied soooooo hard if I was not at all broken hearted that time. After a few years, I looked back and saw that breakup with a silver lining. 

Nasan na ang letting go don? It was after 2 or 3 years pa after I graduated when I started dating again. It was still too painful to see him happy without me. Oo, against doctor's advice, di ko sya blinock sa FB or IG (uso na yan non), I still want to see his posts, his smile with his girlfriend, masokista tayo. I want to feel the pain, until it goes away. It took me years. When I started working, met new people, I learned to forgive myself, and open up to the world. I slowly let go of my old self, the person who gave so much love but ended up alone. Then afterwards, the jowa na ang naging threatened, she even messaged me. I forgot na what were our conversations non, but that time I was over my ex na. I felt ok na. Anyway, the messages with his then jowa was another story, which I will not share na. Next time na siguro? 

Letting go will never be an easy task, whatever the circumstances are. It will take time for you to accept the fact that loving someone unconditionally does not equate to a happy ending. There may be a happy ending, but it may will be in a different scenario; them finding their happy ending with someone else. On the other hand, it is your obligation to pick yourself up, and find your own happiness. Start from within, and not jump into another relationship agad, because you may end up hurting yourself or another person. 

Letting go has different time frames. You move forward in life at your own pace. Letting go is an art. You express yourself in forms that will suit you, not by what the society dictates. Letting go does not mean you are forgetting the person you loved, but merely coming into terms that he or she was only meant to stay in your life temporarily to teach you valuable lesson, and go on his / her way. 

Ayun lang. Tapos na tayo malungkot, naalala lang naman natin. Masaya na ako sa jowa ko ngayon haha. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alamat ng Lipistik

Friday again! Happy weekend world! Again, I ask myself, how can I fucking write something happy and witty, if all I can do is sulk over the idea or feeling of being unwanted. I can’t even say that I like myself. Feeling ko nagkakaron na naman ako ng episode of the inevitable. Pero I can get over this, I know. Una sa lahat, patawad sa mga nagbabasa ng blogs ko, ang boring kong tao. Dead kid. Wala ng nagaganap na interesting sakin, maliban sa madami akong natututunan sa work ko. Yeth, I’ll tell you about my job. Nasa harap lang sya ng magandang building ng San Miguel. Nung 2015, wala pa tong building. Nag work kasi ako dati sa tabi netong building. Big hole lang to non. Dead end. Tanginang train of thought, napuputol, humihinto. Im cursed!!! Ohmaygaaaad! Gagawa na lang ako ng quick alamat! Ang topic for today, mga bata, ay tungkol sa alamat ng lipstick. Bilang mahilig sa lippie ang ating may akda, gumawa sya ng kwento tungkol sa kung paano nagsimula ang pamahid sa labi n

SINGKONG BUTAS

Sa hirap ng buhay ngayon, ultimo barya mahalaga. (kaganapan sa jeep umagang pauwi ako) Pasahero: bayad, wilcome.(lalakeng mukang papasok palang, ayoko maging judgmental, basta papasok palang) *abot bayad,abot sukli. bilang.kunot noo ni kuya passenger* P: magkanu ba hanggang wilcome? Driver: unse. P: subra ka singko. D: Salamat. *********************************************************************** Sa sobrang corrupt ng mga tao sa tabi-tabi, sa taas tass, mas may dangal pa ang ordinaryong tao na nagttrabaho sa ilalim ng araw kaysa sa mga taong nasa malambot na upuan at malamig na opisina. Nakakalungkot isipin na sa kabila ng pagnanais nating magluklok ng tapat na opisyal ng gobyerno, tila parang may masamang elemento ang nagluluklok sa kanila sa pwesto. Ano nga ba ang masamang elemento na naghahasik ng lagim sa gobyerno?PERA. Sabi nila, hindi ang pera ang sumisira sa buhay ng tao, kundi ang pagmamahal at pagnanais na magkamal ng limpak limpak na salapi. Aanhin mo ang

Barasoain Church - yung nasa sampung piso

disclaimer: Lahat ng pictures kuha lang sa humble kong android. raw lahat at hinaluan ng konting kaartehan ko, na minsan nakakainis dahil di naman kagandahan ang kinalalabasan. More practice!! Barasoain Church in Malolos, Bulacan Yung simbahan sa sampung piso: Kung titignan mo yung pera, mukang malaki yung simbahan..Pero syempre iba na ang mundo ngayon!! baka lumaki na ang mga tao at lumiit yung simbahan. Parang damit na nag sshrink pag nalabhan. Pero syempre!! joke lang mga yan.:p Magkamukha naman yung nasa sampung piso chaka sa actual kong nakita, andun yung puno na di ko alam kung legit bang yun padin yung puno, o apo na to nung original na puno. Syempre iba na ichura ng paligid nung simbahan.Yung nasa gilid ng bell tower eh may kalyeng tinayuan na ng mga maliliit na bahay at tindahan. Nakakita din ako ng ilang nagbbisikletang kuya na nakapara, nagbebenta ng kwek kwek,siomai, palamig at iba pang tnutusok. Sa kabilang side naman,