Skip to main content

The Greatest Lesson my Mother taught me

*Not mine; kay Ms.Ellaine Marianne Boseta to..:)) Maganda ee.,:)

For almost nineteen years of my existence, I never had he chance to meet my father. If ever I would stroll around malls or any other places and suddenly passed in front of me, and if ever our eyes meet, I would never know that the person I exchanged sigh with was my father. I do not have any idea or a single memory about him. But there is only one thing I know and I am certainly sure of, he left us behind, may before some reason that I do not know.

When I was eight years old, my mother had to work abroad to earn for a living. Since then, I lived with my grandparents, and we only get the chance to spend time with each other for a month, out of twelve in a year. When I was fourteen years old, my mom resigned from her job, in Saudi and tried to work here. I was very happy because she was finally here with me. W spent most of the time playing with each other, cuddling, cooking together, exchanging stories, laughing at each other’s mistakes and claiming that I was prettier than her (while she claims that she s the tree and I’m just her fruit, and that follows that I just got the half of her ‘God-given’ beauty –as what she calls it). There was always the thought of togetherness.

As months passed by we both realized that the money she was earning was not enough for both of us. So she informed me that in six months time she has to leave again. A couple of days, before my mom left, she asked me a question that changed my whole perception in life. “What if one day, your father would come up to you and tell you that he’s your dad? What would you do?”  There was a sudden halt. Then I just replied, “Hindi ko siya kikilalanin kahit kelan! Baka kung ano pa magawa ko!”

At that moment, my mom saw the anger I felt for my dad. She hugged me and told me, “Anak, hindi mabuti ang magtanim ng sama ng loob…”.Since then, I had both the greatest and hardest thing that I’ve learned in life, “loving your enemies” is the similar phrase.

 Years passed and that particular lesson still rushes through my mind. It took e a long time to let go, accept, and let the anger fade away. It was not that easy for me to do such, and I guess for some people as well. Loving someone who deliberately caused you misfortune or too much pain is a kid of an odd reaction. I was brought up in a Catholic faith, and one of God’s teaching s to love thy neighbor, even you enemies. If we try to think about it, Jesus himself suffered for our sakes. Despite the people accused Him and caused Him to be nailed on the cross, He still forgave us and loved us. As for my mom, she forgave my dad. She was the one who directly endured all the pain (not me). I can’t imagine how my mom had the strength and the heart to be able to do that. She had to transfer o another school and take up Nursing because at that time, Nursing was already in demand and we needed the money.
She had to work twice as hard since I came. So i realized that she is the one who has the right to be mad, and not me. She did all her best to provide me with everything I needed. She assured that she fills up all the spaces my father had left. Given an enough amount of time, I come to reflect and realize everything, that I am very blessed and that there is nothing to be mad about. At this point, I am very especially grateful for having the best mother I could possibly have.

Last 2004, I had to file a leave of absence from school. I went to London and stayed with my mom for a year. Every moment of that time cherish, and even no I could still vividly remember the experience and the feeling of being with the person I love and will love for the rest of my life. I enjoyed staying with my mom. We went shopping together, sight-seeing, seeing a move or a play, and do the same old stuff like joking around, laughing our hearts out for some corny joke, taking about love, relationships, men…and claiming that one is prettier than the other.

It was March of this year that came back to carry on with my studies. And just two weeks ago, my mom left again to carry on with her work. We cried before parted ways. The feeling was different, the last time she left. It was more depressing that what I’ve expected. But still, both of us have to move on, and continue living our lives for each other. We talked through the phone a lot and we exchange messages through the mobile. It is a long distance relationship but we are surviving. Sometimes, I still stop and recall the times hen we were together. And sometimes, I still feel like crying. It is not because I do not feel happy being here. I am glad to be here with my friends, my cousins, and other relatives, and studying nursing again, it’s just that I really miss my mom.

If my mom were to ask me again the same question she asked me five years ago, I am ready to answer it. I would tell her that I will be glad to finally meet my father. I will not scold him or be mad at him, rather I would want us to sped a day together and discuss where he last left off. May be he has his reasons for leaving, and I am wiling to know and understand those reasons.

I do not have a perfect life, a perfect family, and I am not even a perfect person. But that’s what makes my life beautiful and worth living-the flaw. If these things did not happen, I would not be the kind of person I am at this very moment.

To my father, wherever he is right now, I hope that he is happy with his life. And if ever we meet I would sincerely be glad. To my mom, thank you for being strong, for standing up for both of us, for fighting for me, and for loving for whom I am. And to God, thank you for giving me this life. Yes, it is flawed, but I think that this is the most beautiful gift that You blessed me with.

Acceptance is the first step, forgiveness is the next, and moving on completes the process of learning to love others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alamat ng Lipistik

Friday again! Happy weekend world! Again, I ask myself, how can I fucking write something happy and witty, if all I can do is sulk over the idea or feeling of being unwanted. I can’t even say that I like myself. Feeling ko nagkakaron na naman ako ng episode of the inevitable. Pero I can get over this, I know. Una sa lahat, patawad sa mga nagbabasa ng blogs ko, ang boring kong tao. Dead kid. Wala ng nagaganap na interesting sakin, maliban sa madami akong natututunan sa work ko. Yeth, I’ll tell you about my job. Nasa harap lang sya ng magandang building ng San Miguel. Nung 2015, wala pa tong building. Nag work kasi ako dati sa tabi netong building. Big hole lang to non. Dead end. Tanginang train of thought, napuputol, humihinto. Im cursed!!! Ohmaygaaaad! Gagawa na lang ako ng quick alamat! Ang topic for today, mga bata, ay tungkol sa alamat ng lipstick. Bilang mahilig sa lippie ang ating may akda, gumawa sya ng kwento tungkol sa kung paano nagsimula ang pamahid sa labi n

SINGKONG BUTAS

Sa hirap ng buhay ngayon, ultimo barya mahalaga. (kaganapan sa jeep umagang pauwi ako) Pasahero: bayad, wilcome.(lalakeng mukang papasok palang, ayoko maging judgmental, basta papasok palang) *abot bayad,abot sukli. bilang.kunot noo ni kuya passenger* P: magkanu ba hanggang wilcome? Driver: unse. P: subra ka singko. D: Salamat. *********************************************************************** Sa sobrang corrupt ng mga tao sa tabi-tabi, sa taas tass, mas may dangal pa ang ordinaryong tao na nagttrabaho sa ilalim ng araw kaysa sa mga taong nasa malambot na upuan at malamig na opisina. Nakakalungkot isipin na sa kabila ng pagnanais nating magluklok ng tapat na opisyal ng gobyerno, tila parang may masamang elemento ang nagluluklok sa kanila sa pwesto. Ano nga ba ang masamang elemento na naghahasik ng lagim sa gobyerno?PERA. Sabi nila, hindi ang pera ang sumisira sa buhay ng tao, kundi ang pagmamahal at pagnanais na magkamal ng limpak limpak na salapi. Aanhin mo ang

Barasoain Church - yung nasa sampung piso

disclaimer: Lahat ng pictures kuha lang sa humble kong android. raw lahat at hinaluan ng konting kaartehan ko, na minsan nakakainis dahil di naman kagandahan ang kinalalabasan. More practice!! Barasoain Church in Malolos, Bulacan Yung simbahan sa sampung piso: Kung titignan mo yung pera, mukang malaki yung simbahan..Pero syempre iba na ang mundo ngayon!! baka lumaki na ang mga tao at lumiit yung simbahan. Parang damit na nag sshrink pag nalabhan. Pero syempre!! joke lang mga yan.:p Magkamukha naman yung nasa sampung piso chaka sa actual kong nakita, andun yung puno na di ko alam kung legit bang yun padin yung puno, o apo na to nung original na puno. Syempre iba na ichura ng paligid nung simbahan.Yung nasa gilid ng bell tower eh may kalyeng tinayuan na ng mga maliliit na bahay at tindahan. Nakakita din ako ng ilang nagbbisikletang kuya na nakapara, nagbebenta ng kwek kwek,siomai, palamig at iba pang tnutusok. Sa kabilang side naman,